Prayer at PCC
“But when I thought how to understand this, it seemed to me a wearisome task, until I went into the sanctuary of God…” (Psalm 73:16-17)
At Pacific Crossroads, we have leaders who recognize the uncertainty of these times, and who would love to journey alongside you in prayer. Here are some ways to receive prayer:
Our leaders host prayer gatherings on zoom on the following days:
- Thursdays at 7:00pm
- Prayer and fasting days (once a month) // prayer gatherings at 8am and 7pm.
These gatherings last 30 – 60 minutes and are a time to be led in prayer for our community and city.
Prayer and Fasting at PCC
“To clasp the hands in prayer is the beginning of an uprising against the disorder of the world.” – Karl Barth
PCC holds monthly days of prayer and fasting on the first Thursday of the month, engaging the ancient rhythms of regular times of prayer and fasting as a congregation, much like the early church practiced. (Acts 13:1-3) These are not mandated by Scripture or by your church leaders here. Fasting should be freely engaged, as the Spirit leads you, not in any way to earn God’s favor or gain his attention, but because you have these things already, and because you want to know and enjoy him more deeply and find his wisdom and direction more clearly. Join in as the Lord leads you! These monthly spaces can connect us with God and each other as members of Christ’s body in beautiful, lasting ways, and can lead to renewed faith and repentance in Christ and new outbreaks of his kingdom blessing.
Recommendations for Prayer and Fasting
- consuming only water for the full day
- abstaining from one meal
- abstaining from a particular indulgence (eg. social media, television) and redeeming that time and energy for the purposes of prayer
- consider keeping a journal of the day, as a way to process your thoughts, and as a way to memorialize the things that God may teach you
- please, finally, consider inviting a partnership for accountability and reflection with another person, perhaps a fellow member of your Community Group
Prayer for Me Campaign
PCC recently launched the Pray for Me Campaign to link the generations in our community through prayer. The Pray for Me Campaign is rooted in the truths that God uses his Word, his people, and prayer to change the world.
During the campaign, adult believers from various generations become Prayer Champions and commit to praying for a child, a student or a family with children in our church for three months.
We are looking for prayer champions and families with children to take part in this campaign. Click below to learn more about the Pray for Me Campaign.