Trust in the Lord with all your heart, and do not lean on your own understanding. In all your ways acknowledge him, and he will make straight your paths. – Proverbs 3:5-6
The formation, and then the work, of PCC’s Pastoral Search Team will be among our most important steps forward together with Jesus in seeking the renewal of our congregational life. Christ has brought us a long way together in these last months! These next steps prayerfully will launch us toward a beautiful and fruitful new era ahead in the life and mission of PCC. These truly are exciting times for us!
Now that the YouCount Survey has officially concluded, the members of the Pastoral Search Team would like to express their sincere appreciation for all those who participated. We are happy to report that 255 individuals completed the survey from start to finish! This input will be invaluable as the PST seeks to craft our church profile, which will be used extensively in our pastoral search. We are still in the process of reviewing the data from the survey and developing a comprehensive evaluation, but we look forward to being able to share a more thorough update with the congregation during our worship services in the coming weeks.
Pastoral Search Process Timeline
- March 6: Congregational Conversation after both services to introduce pastoral search process and introduce McGowan Global (Meeting Slides) (McGowan Global Video) (Recording of Meeting)
- March 6-20: Pastoral search team nominations open
- March 8: Pastoral search process zoom Q&A meeting (Recording of Zoom Meeting)
- March 14: Pastoral search team process FAQ posted (Link to document)
- March 20: Deadline for pastoral search team nominations
- March 27: Session presents list of all qualified nominees for pastoral search team, along with their suggested slate.
- April 3: Congregational meeting to elect pastoral search team (quorum required) (4.4.22 Update on Congregational Meeting + Vote) (4.5.22 Extension of Congregational Meeting + Opportunity to Vote)
- April 29–30: Discovery weekend with McGowan Global. A broad cross-section of members will take part in this weekend information gathering, which will be invaluable to the PST as it begins its work.
- May 1: Pastoral search team recognized in worship and set apart via prayer (Update on Election of Pastoral Search Team)
- June 5-26: The PCC YouCount Survey and Census open
- Spring 22 — until search complete: Regular updates and prayer connection points between search team and officers/staff/congregation
Pastoral Search Team Formation
In consultation with our partners at McGowan Global, the PCC Session has determined the best template for our Pastoral Search Team is as follows…
11-Person Search Team with 2 Co-Chairs – 1 male / 1 female
- 2 elders
- 3 deacons
- 6 members of the congregation
Role of a Pastoral Search Team Member
What will it be like to serve on this search team? We expect that it will be both exhilarating and exhausting, faith-building and faith-testing. Lots of prayer and endurance will be required. Team members will need to be willing to work as team players on this search for up to a year or longer. This will become a core expression of your service here at PCC for this season ahead. You will be involved in praying over candidates, developing a desired pastoral profile, interviewing and assessing candidates, all with a gospel humility and sensitivity, with an openness to the leading of the Holy Spirit throughout the journey.
Pastoral Search Team Member Qualifications
- Demonstrates godly character, a person of prayer, who drinks deeply from the fountain of Christ’s gospel of grace
- Strong commitment to Pacific Crossroads
- Dedicated to moving PCC forward in her mission
- Willingness to work within the framework of PCA polity
- Able to make time commitment
- Team player
Pastoral Search Team
Member at Large, Co-Chair
Member at Large
Member at Large, Communications Coordinator
Member at Large
Member at Large
Ongoing Prayer Requests
Please pray for the Pastoral Search Team
- That we may love one another well.
- That we may work collaboratively as one for the glory and honor of God.
- That we may be diligent in our efforts and strengthened through His Spirit.
- That the search process may move forward seamlessly.
- And that we would be guided by the Spirit to the individual the Lord has for our community in this next season.
Specific Prayer Requests
- That those who have participated in the You Count survey would sense the team’s true desire to hear their voices and represent them well.
- That the Lord would direct the review and evaluation of the survey data, and from that, enable the effective formulation of our church profile.
- And that the survey results would help guide and direct the PST to the candidate God has chosen, a man well-suited to the heart and priorities of our community.