Trust in the Lord with all your heart, and do not lean on your own understanding. In all your ways acknowledge him, and he will make straight your paths. – Proverbs 3:5-6
The formation, and then the work, of PCC’s Pastoral Search Team will be among our most important steps forward together with Jesus in seeking the renewal of our congregational life. Christ has brought us a long way together in these last months! These next steps prayerfully will launch us toward a beautiful and fruitful new era ahead in the life and mission of PCC. These truly are exciting times for us!
Church Profile and Pastoral Nomination
The Pastoral Search Team desires to engage and participate with the PCC congregation throughout the pastoral search process. In addition to the input obtained through the You Count Survey, we are welcoming congregational nominations for our senior pastor. If you have a candidate whom you would like to nominate, please review the following PCC Church Profile and then use the nomination form below.
Our church seeks a mature shepherd with an abiding and deepening love for Jesus, one who is clearly called by God, compelled by His love and grace toward obedience, and empowered by His Spirit. We desire a pastor who will prayerfully lead His church with Christ-like character, a man who will pursue reconciliation, forgiveness and healing where there is hurt and division. He should thoughtfully and consistently preach Christ and expound His gospel, as well as be able to reach a broad demographic. It is important, too, that PCC’s next senior pastor be an individual who has a love for our city and a desire for its renewal through church planting and ministries of mercy.
PCC Church Profile
Click the image below to view and download the complete PCC Church Profile document.
Pastoral Search Process Timeline
- April 29–30: Discovery Weekend with McGowan Global. Information gathering from a broad cross-section of members.
- June 5-20: You Count Survey and Census.
- July-August: Development and completion of PCC Church Profile.
- August 16: Begin evaluation of candidates.
- August 29: Congregational nominations of pastoral candidates open.
- September ’22 – Present: Evaluation and interview of pastoral candidates.
Pastoral Search Team
Member at Large, Co-Chair
Member at Large
Member at Large, Communications Coordinator
Member at Large
Member at Large
Ongoing Prayer Requests
Please pray for the Pastoral Search Team
- That we may love one another well.
- That we may work collaboratively as one for the glory and honor of God.
- That we may be diligent in our efforts and strengthened through His Spirit.
- That the search process may move forward seamlessly.
- And that we would be guided by the Spirit to the individual the Lord has for our community in this next season.
Specific Prayer Requests
- The Holy Spirit would use the Church Profile to catch the attention and hearts of the candidates He wants us to consider. Also, that the McGowan team would truly sense the uniqueness of our particular body and city in recommending candidates to us.
- The Lord would clearly guide the members of the PST in the initial phase of candidate evaluation, that He would enable team members to see and hear all that they need to in order to determine which candidates He would have us consider further.
- The Lord builds the reconciliation work, ministry, fellowship and unity of PCC, preparing hearts for the next senior pastor. The congregation will not look to the strengths of previous pastors but embrace the man God calls to be our next pastor.
- Godly wisdom, discernment, humility and grace as we meet and interview the prospective pastoral candidates.